Sunday, August 2, 2009

Firefly Mountain Yarns grand opening!

Welcome to the blog for the new yarn company, Firefly Mountain Yarns! You can visit us at fireflymountain.etsy.com. We don't have that much available yet, but we're working on a number of exciting projects, including two dk yarns, in baby alpaca and silk, and getting our first handspun up for sale!

In the meantime, let me introduce myself and tell you a little about the company. I'm Elizabeth, the one who dyes and spins the yarn. I've been knitting since I was five, but I have only been playing with yarn seriously for the past two years or so. Before that, I still loved fiber, but I was much more interested in sewing. I started dyeing and spinning a year ago, and I'm excited to share my yarns with you all!

We're based in South Bend, IN. I do all my dyeing out of my apartment, and we're a completely non-smoking company.

Please check out our yarns and check back here for updates and, hopefully, some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment